Nissan e-NV200 Forum

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Power outlets on the e-NV200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:02 pm 

One of the things that really interests me about the Nissan e-NV200 electric van is the utility of it. It can haul my 5 person family on the weekends, and during the week, I can use it to haul work tools and even power some of my tools.

After I learned the van comes with power outlets, I set out looking for more details. This is what I found in a press release from Nissan:
Quote:
Two power outlets (100V) that can draw a total of a maximum of 1,500W of power from the battery are installed in the front-seat side and the cargo area. They provide a convenient and safe electrical power source that comes in handy for offsite jobs or events, or in the case of an emergency.

The driver can manually set the remaining battery level. By having the power supply stop automatically at a predetermined level, the driver ensures that the vehicle has enough energy stored within the main battery pack for the ride home.

That's a great idea to be able to limit the amount of power allowed out through those outlets so that there is still enough charge to drive the e-NV200 to an EVSE or other electrical outlet afterwards!